Saturday 8 March 2014

What's Up with the Weather?


A beautiful day....wait, am I really saying this?  Have I lost my mind???  No, it was a beautiful mild day in Calgary!  (Those of you who know me, know I call Calgary something else but I'll be nice on here, LOL).

Went to Cosco today, Alan got a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 like mine, then to Bed Bath & Beyond and a couple other stores.  Guess I just needed to get out of the house and do something other than going to work!  

Speaking of work, it's been a week from Hell, but I got through it. Four days next week and then off to Las Vegas on Friday.  (I took Friday off, someone else is working but I won't mention any names here). For those who don't know, we work at:  


Westburne Electric Supply

Westburne Electric Supply, a division of Rexel Canada Electrical Inc., is the leading electrical material distributor in Canada.
Westburne our facility

Finally had some great news this week, our dear friend Bill is out of the hospital in Mazatlan and back at the RV park with Carol, his lovely wife.  Bill had a ruff time but is on the mend now and from what I heard, the surgery was a great success.  Speedy recovery Bill!

******************************************************

Spoke with my nephew on FB this afternoon, apparently he lives close to me.  He and his wife just had a new baby so I am looking forward to meeting up with them for dinner and a "get to know you" night.  I lost touch over the years with my brother and his family but now we are all in contact with each other, what a fantastic month it has been in those respects.

******************************************************

Alan has finally had all his tests done at the hospital, must say I've been extremely worried.  Had the dye injections twice and stress test and some machine that rotates around you and takes pictures of your heart.  Just have to wait now until the first of April for the results. Not sure what I would do if anything happened....he is my rock and I love him to bits!  He is still recovering from the fall on the ice well over a month ago and now the discs in his back is giving him problems as well.   I must say it sucks to be getting older....things start falling apart and for us women, start falling down!

******************************************************
Below are some random pics


Scotch Tasting
(OH Chitt!!! gonna miss this when we're gone)
I'll take the glass in back...WATER!
How anyone can drink this chitt is beyone me!
Downtown Calgary
Sculpture Downtown Calgary  

Calgary joins the ranks of London, Dubai, Chicago and Toyko with the installation of commissioned sculptures by one of the world's foremost sculptors, Jaume Plensa, at the foot of THE BOW.  Wonderland, a work by the Spanish sculptor, the sculpture is a 12-meter-tall bent-wire portrait of a young girl's head and is the key feature of the main plaza.
At the AB/BC Line
Hoodoos, Drumheller, AB 

Hoodoos in Drumheller, Alberta - Heart of the Canadian Badlands 

While you'll find Hoodoos scattered everywhere in the Drumheller Valley, here are the details for the official protected Hoodoos site in Drumheller, AB.  Hoodoos take millions of years to form and stand 5 to 7 meters tall.  Each hoodoo is a sandstone pillar resting on a thick base of shale that is capped by a large stone.  Hoodoos are very fragile and can erode completely if their capstone is dislodged (in other words, no climbing allowed).  The name "Hoodoo"comes form the word "voodoo" and was give to these geological formations by the Europeans.  In the Blackfoot and Cree traditions, however, the Hoodoos are believed to be petrified giants who come alive at night to hurl rocks at the intruders.
Royal Tyrrell Museum, Drumheller, AB

The Royal Tyrrell Museum is Canada's only museum dedicated exclusively to the science of palaeontology.  In addition to housing one of the world's largest displays of dinosaurs, the Museum offers a wide variety of creative, fun, and educational programs that bring the prehistoric past to life.

Alan's sister Ann and hubby Stewart!
(Near Banff, AB.....long way from Fenelon Falls, ONT)

Near Radium, BC


No comments:

Post a Comment