Tuesday 14 October 2014

Fall.....Colder.......Lessons Learned...(NOT)

I hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving....with no friends and family here, we decided to take off and go to Kalispell, USA.  It's about a 5 1/2 hour trip to get there, much different than the 2 1/2 hours from Bowmanville, Ont.  It was great to get away and just have fun for a couple of days.
The road to Sparwood, BC

The road to Kalispell, MT

Colours in the mountains!

I was upset before we left and almost didn't go....SOMEONE got ANOTHER speeding ticket!  This one cost $147.00.  That's three since being here!
Could be a cop!

We went back to the garden centre that we found earlier this year, wonderful people.  She was giving me a hint about next years display!  Here are a few images I took!
Turkey

So cute!


Love the signage!

The band!
Cloudy and overcast but you can still see the mountains!

Cooking a chicken today...and made an apple crumble.  Not much sense in cooking a big turkey dinner for two!  I'll do one when it gets colder, some snowy cold winter Saturday!  Which may not be too far off here!
Calgary...but wait!

Will soon look like this! 

Hubby got cigars delivered to the hotel from JR's....he was over by 36 so YUP, we got busted at the border and had to pay additional duty.

A few more nights of study group before hubby's big test...trusting this will make him open to additional opportunities.  We HAVE to get out of here! :)

I am back to work....have new boss...but the old one made dam sure she messed me up good before being put in her place.  I wanted Christmas off, she denied me and over the last two weeks she gave everyone the time off!  Now, I have no one to look after my files so I can't go away.  That leaves me with 14.5 days vacation to take and we can't carry it over.  The chitt continues, and every day seems to be getting worse.  In other words, I am once again stressed out and wish we had never taken these positions.  Not even sure what happens with the 14.5 days.....not sure if they pay us or not. GRRRRRRRRR!

There are 3 places for sale now in the complex.....so will be anxious to see what they sell for.  Different prices for all of them but we still have the most updated with the new stainless steel appliances and additional updates.  Ours is also one of the largest units here.
Unit behind the guy is for sale!

Well that's it for now....I keep hoping and praying that a miracle will happen and we can get out of here....before I loose my sanity (at this job)!

Have a great week everyone and be safe and God Bless!  Talk soon!
inspiring quotes
Patience! OMG...what is that? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment